Thursday, September 10, 2009

The First Post

Sooooo......I have a lot of yarn. A lot. Too much. It's everywhere, and taking up space, and while we have a nice large apartment it is New York and space counts.

And I do love to knit. But I (generally) have the attention span of a horny squirrel and flit uselessly from one project to the next while finishing very few.

This has to change. And soon. Because now the UFO's are stealing space away from the stash and we just can't have that. But the blog isn't about the UFO's.

Something came over me the other night while I was browsing the bits of the stash that I have managed to get up into my ravelry notebook. And I had a seemingly brilliant idea to knit through it in alphabetical order. Sounds like a great idea, right? I thought so too. And while I know knitblogs are over and done, I thought it might be fun for me and the three people who like to look at my knitting (and don't live close enough to see it in person) if I kept a record. And I need something to keep me out of trouble.

So, in the next few days I'll come up with some rules, and the first yarn/project and we'll get right on it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Brilliant idea indeed. So what's up first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read a knitblog. Anything you do will be exciting. In fact I probably shouldn't be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to keep track of your progress.

    ReplyDelete